CLICK FOR YOUR RDA OF SHAMELESS DRAGON ART! (60k)

Awwww…. Isn’t that just adorable?

Yeah, I know… *RETCH*!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted any “new” art here, so here’s one that I’ve had on the backburner for a while.

This dragon started out as a napkin scribble during last week’s Pub Trivia night. I used the tracing slide on the Wacom for the first time to bring the scribble into the digital world and finished it off there. Pretty nifty feature, since one of my biggest problems with the tablet is that the shapes always come out more flat than I would like.

This one is kind of rushed, but I like how it turned out. My goal was to be in bed by midnight… well it’s 12:02 so better luck next time!

6 Responses to “IMAGE OF THE DAY: SCALES THE DRAGON”

1. Daniel Dolinov Says:
    September 24th, 2002 at 2:48 am

It’s been a while since someone managed to evince this type of comment out of me (and please don’t get me wrong, I am usually a fairly deteched, level headed person), but this is adorable. I can see this particular one a drawing on Hagrid’s calling card…

2. Joshua A. Hart Says:
    September 24th, 2002 at 11:26 am

Daniel: Thanks! Or, maybe I should apologize for mounting such an unrelenting assault on your sense of level-headedness? :)

3. Kat D Says:
    September 24th, 2002 at 11:53 am

Don’t let him fool you: Daniel is never level-headed.

And I love the baby dragon! He’s so kyoot!

4. Daniel Dolinov Says:
    September 24th, 2002 at 1:44 pm

Josh: It is very pleasurable, even for “level headed” people as myself to be so pleasantly shaken out our legendary equanimity by such a drawing.

Kat: My level headedness is a veritable legend in some circles!

5. Kat D Says:
    September 24th, 2002 at 6:32 pm

Josh: It’s the little hind-leg scratch behind the uh, ear, I guess, that does it.

Daniel: ..and your detechment (sic) as well, no doubt. ;>

6. Daniel Dolinov Says:
    September 25th, 2002 at 10:28 am

Kat: I assume this a not so veiled reference to my occasional spelling neologisms? Probably guilty as charged. It adds so much charm though…